I agree.

I would like to use 4D Write Pro to send e-mail messages. Although this will
work perfectly to draft an email message from scratch, it will become a problem
when you build an actual e-mail client in 4D. I have done this to have a
tighter integration of emails with the database.

The problem starts when I want to forward an incoming e-mail message or reply
to one. In that case, I want to include the incoming e-mail message, as is done
in off-the-shelf e-mail apps like Apple Mail or outlook.

4D Write Pro cannot deal with this because it doesn’t support full HTML, so the
incoming e-mail message’s content cannot be included in the forwarded e-mail
message.
(especially if the incoming e-mail is HTML, which most of them are nowadays)

So I am still using Tiny MCE, in a web area. That way I can include a complete
incoming HTML message, complete with graphics and formatting. But it is a lot
of work to build that, and customization is cumbersome.

Regards,

Rudy Mortier
Two Way Communications bvba