I have a working hack to acme that now lets me use the scroll wheel
to expand the tag to multiple lines and collapse it again. It seems
to have no nasty interactions with the feature set I use. Moving a
window into a slot shorter than the tag shortens the tag to fit. One
line of the body tries to always show, except when windows are
collapsed. Dragging the tag text continues to work.
Does anyone else want it? How do I submit the patch? It's
substantially smaller than I expected.
Should I also allow carriage returns in the tag text now?
One thing that it has caused me to observe in more detail is the
layout bug where occasionally a window moved into a tight space
wastes nearly a line of space and doesn't show the separator bar
between it and the (unshown) body. I'll pick at it this evening.
Paul