Em Qua 02 Jun 2004 12:47, John Chambers escreveu:
> Jack Campin writes:
[snip]
> | > The  problem  is how best to say this.
> | > There  is a list of headers that could contain a code for "no
> | > notes". This field already uses a double quote to indicate that
> | > accompaniment chords are present. I wonder if there's a good
> | > single char that could stand for "notes", or maybe for "no
> | > notes"?  Perhaps  '*'  (asterisk) could be used for this, as it
> | > doesn't seem to have any other use, and it is conventionally
> | > used to indicate an explanatory  footnote.
> |
> | That sounds pretty good.
>
> Maybe I'll try implementing it.

I don't think that would be a good idea.  IMHO any characters that
might still be available should be reserved to signal new, more
productive contexts.  The "no notes" context can be easily be
indicated by a pseudocomment as long as a standard one be agreed
upon.  E.g.

        %% End of tune

or

        %% No notes

or

        %% End of X:<tune identifier>

Of course, this would be just a redundant way of telling parsers that
the transcriber _hasn't_ made the mistake of signaling the end of
tune prematurely.

--
Paulo Tibúrcio