No matter whether we accept it or not, but the picture on the ground
is not as rosy as some are trying to paint on this mailing list.
The fact is that being born as a disabled brings its own set of
challenges, and these things can't be obliterated by shooting mails
ladened with academic jargon.
A majority of parents who are not aware about the potential of the
disabled would want more kids so that they could be a helping hand and
care giver for their disabled siblings later.
While I do not support this thinking, and even though this mindset is
highly debatable, but then we must not forget that daily realities and
academic discourse are two worlds apart.

--
Avichal Bhatnagar
Assistant Professor at

Doctoral research scholar at
School of Humanities,
Delhi Technological University (formerly Delhi College of Engineering)