You need to go to Control Panel > System then at the bottom select
Change Product Key. This will allow you to enter your VL key which will
result in Vista activating via the web. Definitely not well documented
unfortunately.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Cline
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 11:45 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: Vista Activation and KMS

I was testing out the RTM of Vista Enterprise last night and noticed I
didn't have to enter a key at any point during the install. When Windows
tried to activate, it told me there was a DNS error, so I suspected it
looks for a local activation server by default. Sure enough, in the DNS
cache was a lookup for a nonexistent _vlmcs._tcp.domain.com. Upon
further research, it appears Microsoft has not released KMS yet, and I
couldn't find any option to activate directly with Microsoft. For the
moment, is telephone activation the only option?

Brian Cline, Applications Developer
Department of Information Technology
G&P Trucking Company, Inc.
803.936.8595 Direct Line