From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Colin Stanners
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 12:45 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ubiquiti Ufiber

We've been investigating Ufiber as an option for our fiber GPON deployments.
Hardware seems good, firmware has a long ways to go - from what we've seen, the
CPEs don't have WAN-accessible IPs (except for the in the undesirable NAT mode)
nor support SNMP management yet, so we have to consider them unmonitorable. The
fact that headend IP access doesn't work but the CPEs by default have
customer-side IPs that are reachable, which is the opposite of what a provider
wants, is strange. Ubnt's suggestion to monitor the OLTs directly would have
people logged into them 24/7 to watch these devices, which doesn't work, nor to
use UNMS as we already have far more extensive systems installed and built into
company accounting/change tracking processes (and supporting many other Cambium
wireless and other fiber platforms). But there was a post from an Ubnt employee
a few days ago on here that some of these fixes, especially SNMP, are on track
for firmware 3.1.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 12:18 PM Jason McKemie
<j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com<mailto:j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com>>
wrote:
Does anyone actually have this equipment in a production environment?  I have a
test setup, just haven't heard much discussion about it so I thought I'd check
with the group.