Re: [AFMUG] Ubiquiti UfiberI have cabinets full of splitters.  Maybe 10
splitters in one cross box all full.

From: Mark - Myakka Technologies
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 2:45 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ubiquiti Ufiber

Chuck,

Nothing wrong with splitters.  You will have to do some extra design work with
the splitters.  Also, there is the waste factor.  We design to the property not
the customer, so it is very rare we get a full 32 customers on a 1x32 splitter.

--
Best regards,
Mark                            mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.MyakkaTech.com

------

     I can generally get a building permit to use a public utility ROW or the
side of a street for almost free.
      Perhaps use a customers home for everything in exchange for service etc.

      I agree, for 30 PON is a good way to go.  But I like the simplicity of
AE, the fact that I can cast shade on PON based competitors and not having to
deal with splitters.

      And I do PON all day long with Calix.  But for a non regulated for profit
startup, Calix is not the way to go.
      However I do not trust UBNT in this space... yet...