From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Lewis Bergman
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2019 8:12 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT - cardboard manufacturing jobs come back

Transportation is expensive no matter what the sector. That cost alone can make
it a difficult to economically break even.

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 7:37 PM Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com
<mailto:af...@kwisp.com> > wrote:

There are some claims that “contamination” is falsely claimed both by China and
by waste haulers contracted by cities, for whom it is more profitable to haul
it to the landfill.  The BGA (Better Government Association) in Chicago did a
report that found Waste Management had a far higher rate of rejecting
recyclables than the other contracted private company or municipal crews.  Also
“contamination” brings a mental image of cans and pizza boxes covered with
food, while apparently the biggest type of “contamination” is plastic bags like
from grocery stores because they get caught in the sorting machinery.  I used
to throw those out in the trash until I realized most grocery stores have bins
to  recycle them.  At least they claim to recycle them.  And a factoid from the
Internet, apparently we are supposed to leave the caps on pop/soda bottles when
putting them in the recycling bin.