I really don’t view it as an optional feature.  The way the Traco BCM works is
that it controls the voltage of the power supply so rather than the nominal
voltage like 24 or 48 volts, it is set to the proper voltage to charge the
battery, like 28 or 56 volts.  It comes with a little 2 wire jumper cable that
goes between the power supply and BCM, and also a temperature sensor that you
attach to the batteries.  If you’re not going to use it that way, I think maybe
 you should find a different product.

I’m guessing you are using the manual voltage adjust on the Mean Well power
supply with a voltmeter to set the voltage to the float voltage you want for
the batteries and also the voltage that the loads will see.  If the batteries
are outside and subject to varying temperature, this is going to undercharge or
overcharge your batteries depending on time of year, solar heating, etc.  The
BCM will allow a fairly sizable battery charging current, so overcharging will
probably reduce battery life quite a bit.  Undercharging will hurt your
runtime.  Overall, it’s non optimum.  You’re using the Mean Well as a dumb
charger, and the BCM as an expensive low voltage disconnect.  Not sure why you
don’t want to use the TSP series power supply.

Somebody suggested the 48V version of the Mean Well USP that appears to be an
exclusive OEM by that fiber equipment company, that may be what you want.