From: "James Howard" <ja...@litewire.net>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2023 1:10:25 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] ACP - Affordable Connectivity Program

We do participate in the ACP program. We signed up for it as EBB and then
transitioned when that was converted to ACP. Frankly, it was a pain to get
setup and is rather a pain to administer. We did it only as a service to our
customers and to avoid being a reason that they would switch to a competitor.
The program has nothing to do with FUSF taxes though since it is a
reimbursement program. You apply for a reimbursement on behalf of your
customers. It started out up to $50 ($75 on tribal lands) per month for
internet service but is $30 per customer/address per month now. Originally you
were not allowed to suspend customers who were late on payments no matter how
far behind they were as long as they were in the EBB program. With ACP that
changed to allowing late fees and you can suspend if they are more than 90 days
past due. We don’t participate in the device portion of the program. There is
an upcoming “Transparency” process that opens on September 8 th . The webinar
didn’t make it look like that will be too big of a deal for anyone
participating at a low level like we do but that remains to be seen. Honestly
though, the only advantage to participating in this is to keep customers (or
get them if their current provider doesn’t participate) from leaving because
they want their welfare (that’s what it is) check. It is a considerable amount
of work each month for ultimately $0 extra income.

James