I did the A0 calibration hack or whatever before but it seemed like the
APCs died faster so I don't bother with it.  I just set the battery numbers
to 008 and let 'em run.  We get a ton of runtime out of them and they
eventually charge back up.  The remaining runtime is close enough to
accurate for my needs.