You describe the main reason I own one. I work from home, and not far from a
janky area and what you describe is a potential problem. I don’t carry though.
I also have a large, scary dog.

-          Patrick

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Chuck Hogg
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 12:33 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] WAY OT: Concealed Carry handguns - which to buy and why

I regularly carry my KelTec P3AT, looks like a cell phone in my pocket.  It
doesn't have a safety, but I don't carry it with a round chambered.  I'm in a
pretty rural farming area, and there are a lot of migrant workers.  With that
has brought more burglary type of crime.  The standard to do is go knock on all
the doors.  If nobody answers, they break in.  My office is in the front of my
house, and I have had this encounter 4 times since living there about 9 years.
The last 2 times I have walked out gun in hand.  It's interesting, they only
turn around and don't even get out of the car.  I know what they are there for
and so do they.  I also have cameras all over my property, so I know when
people come and go.

Regards,
Chuck

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Christopher Tyler