From: "Josh Luthman" <j...@imaginenetworksllc.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 10:20:12 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Single homed to multi, full partial or default route ?

I have a 732 doing BGP. It gets both peers (full routes) done in like 2
minutes. Newer routers, I expect, are faster.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Ken Hohhof < af...@kwisp.com > wrote:

Dennis, does that help the time to be back up and routing traffic after a
router reboot or loss of connectivity? So you start using the default route as
soon as you get it, and then get more specific as the routing table fills?
That’s something that I’ve heard horror stories about, taking like 15 minutes
to be back up and running after a router reboot or a loss of connectivity to
the BGP peer. With a default route, I’m used to that being pretty much
instantaneous.