I had the same question. I'm considering changing an AP from 2.5ms to
5ms. I'm aware of the doubled latency, but I'm more interested in the
additional 7mb/s downlink (according to 450 capacity planner).

We have an AP with ~50 subs and it reaches 100% downlink every
evening. I'm considering changing downlink from 75% to 85% and moving
to 5ms frames. By doing so, we should increase capacity by 9 to 11mb/s
on the downlink.