I'll grant you that there is only so much space for poles. However, I used the
qualifier not permanently to denote that poles do get replaced, either to make
room for more cables or because they have a finite lifetime. Hence my argument
is that while poles do consume non-renevable resources, the consumption is not
permanent and final, as new poles will replace old ones.

Jared