I got a WISPAPALOOZA related email from a TVWS vendor I’d never heard of
before.  Still didn’t pique my interest.  I think TVWS is now at best a niche
solution, maybe for monitoring “things” in remote areas.

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of That One Guy /sarcasm
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:50 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] i need an adult

is TVWS still a thing? I thought it was hanging out with the Edsel

On my original post, going through each customer, there was a marked increase
in usage overall, people coming in as it got cold, that combined with the
increased noise floor (cooler weather, corn buffer being gone) and whatever was
going on in the atmosphere and too many poor installs, it was a perfect storm
that should have been expected. pulling all the heavy users off to other
systems, downtilting APs, and lowering the maximum rate sold on this system
after doing the fresh coordination and implementing some of the recomendations
on configs seems to have brought it to manageable disaster.

Rumor is Rise is "upgrading" around Thanksgiving in the area. I would like to
see how baicell performs when that environment shows up. What is the deal on
the 1W and 10W base station with baicells?

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 8:54 AM, Seth Mattinen <se...@rollernet.us