Chuck will argue otherwise, but I think few are in his position.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Travis Johnson" <t...@ida.net>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:06:37 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Price per sub?

Hi,

Not to be picky about terminology, but by definition a "tax" is " a compulsory
contribution to state revenue, levied by the government on workers' income and
business profits or added to the cost of some goods, services, and
transactions."

Isn't this money collected as USF and other "fees" on telephone bills? And
these are fees that I can NOT remove from my phone bill, so basically it's a
tax... it's just a telephone tax rather than income or sales tax. Right?

Travis