From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Steve Jones
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 9:41 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] mimosa b11

No, an overpowered transmitter with a hot rx will screw rhings up, best to let
a more versed and talented person explain that than i. Theses things srent full
duplex so it will be worse, again let a person who better understands it
explain it. Our saf in normal operation is always running about 13db output
less than max. If i lock them at full powere, which results in a low -40 they
perform like hammered shit, turn up atpc at -55 and jesus smiles. And a ton of
margin.
Like anything else with regs, theres a max tx.
Without any automagic power controls, too much power is going to fresh prison
inmate the modulation and capacity. I dont make the rulea, i just follow them.
I also still dont buy that this link, licensed in corn fields has a noise floor
in the 80s. Ill about guarantee if i shut down my 5ghz gear it will be in the
90s like it was in the shop yesterday where there isnt any 5ghz.
Ubnt all over again, only with the fcc getting their cut

On Aug 26, 2017 10:58 PM, "Mathew Howard"