I'm not in the habit of cutting through fences, but I'd guess that it would
take less time to get through chain link, but you're going to need a bigger
cutters... and if somebody wants to get in that badly, they'll cut through
either one.

But I can say that climbing 8' chain link with barbed wire at the top isn't
that hard...