@ Aaron

Professor Murray Gell-Mann postulated effective complexity and intermediate
(not balanced) AIC as an optimal means of compressing information. i think this
has significant relevance for computability. It does not matter where the
information resides and in what symbolic form. His view is a quantum view.

The report on an intermediate zone of critical consciousness (Deric's mindblog)
seemingly maps very closely to the sketch presented by Prof Gell-Mann. Here, it
does matter what form and locality it inhabits, which is the human brain. So
the hypothesis arose of a possible relationship between the two. That was a
conscious act on my part and what emerged was the thought I shared.

I enhanced the hypothesis from the physical world with the applied theory of
Alexander, in living architectures, which presents a biological perspective.
However, Alexander is also a mathematician and a physicist (as far as I
understood), which provides for a most-interesting perspective in terms of
classical and quantum entanglement.

Based on my review of his 15 design fundamentals, or principles, his seeming
"classical" application in bio-oriented build architectures, correlates
very-strongly to quantum principles, and perhaps purposely so.

To summarize: Again, the emergence of this information (as "magical" phenomena
and/or "unmagical" artifacts of knowledge and thought), logically resembles a
conscious process, and thus consciousness itself. Which gave rise (as if by
magic or quantum emergence - key word) to the key question then: "Is
consciousness perhaps more a state of quantum phenomenon, than mere recall?
Such is my theory.

So then, in the absence of other evidence to present, it is my theory then,
which connects the two ( I need to go look if other theorists hold a similar
perspective), but quantum mechanics is rapidly advancing enough to be used as a
test of this theory.

In my view, a complex, adaptive machine, in any form, even logically, would
provide interesting evidence to consider. For me, I want to build the machine
to test this, and other theories with. Bohr's entangled instrument, if you wish.

Ultimately, to serve as evidence, this form of consciousness (where no
time-space constraint and time-space constrained is possible within a
multi-state moment in a particular time-space), should exist independently.

>>>If you had to design a scientific test, how would you prove consciousness?

Rob