On 5/8/07, James Ratcliff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Pei,
  The only problem I see with choosing the first one Pei, is that given the
3 choices, and taking #1, if the system does not learn anything extra that
would help it make a decision, it would be forever stuck in that loop, and
never able to break free.
  If given the choice again, it would always choose path one though path 2 o
r3 may be a better choice instead.  Random would be a better choice there.

"Choosing the first one the system locates" is different from "always
taking the same #1". If #1, #2, and #3 are evaluated similarly in the
system, they will have the same priority, and in the long run, get the
same chance.

I do use random choice here, but it is a very bad idea to think
"non-determinism = random choice". As I explained before, (biased)
random choice is used in NARS for resources distribution, while
non-determinism of the system comes from context-sensitive processing.
These two are related, but not the same idea at all. It is actually
possible to get this type of non-determinism without any randomness.

Pei