I work very hard to produce the exact same answer to the same question.  If
some humans don't actually do that, then they are just exhibiting the flaws
that exist in our design.  This is not to be confused with answering better
over time, based on more and better information.  The exact same information
should always produce the exact same result in human or AGI.

Irrational thought could be simulated by an AGI so that a better model of
some humans could be had but the less intentional defects built into the AGI
the better.

>  A computer with finite memory can
> only model (predict) a computer with less memory.  No computer can
simulate
> itself.  When we introspect on our own brains, we must simplify the model
to a
> probabilistic one, whether or not it is actually deterministic.

This is NOT true.  How many answers can be had by the formula for a single
straight line?  The answer is infinite.  A computer CAN model/simulate
anything including itself (whatever that means) given enough time.  If the
model has understanding (formulas or algorithms) then any amount of
simulated detail can be realized.

David Clark