--- Jiri Jelinek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> We can compute behavior, but nothing indicates we can compute
> feelings. Qualia research needed to figure out new platforms for
> uploading.
>
> Regards,
> Jiri Jelinek

Of course you realize that qualia is an illusion?  You believe that your
environment is real, believe that pain and pleasure are real, believe that you
can control your thoughts and actions, and fear death because if you did not
have these beliefs you would not propagate your DNA.  It is not possible for
any human to believe otherwise.

But logically you know that your brain is just a machine, or else AGI would
not be possible.