Matt,

On 12/4/08, Matt Mahoney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- On Wed, 12/3/08, Steve Richfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I appears "obvious" to me that the first person who proposes the
> following things together as a workable standard, will "own" the future
> 'web. This because the world will enter the metadata faster than anyone is
> going to build a "semantic web" or anything like it without these items. In
> short, this is a sort of calculated retrograde step to get the goodies NOW
> and not sometime in the future.
>
> I disagree. Google has already figured out the "semantic web". People
> communicate in natural language 100 to 1000 times faster than in any
> artificial language. Time is money.

We seem to have a disconnection here, which we each blame on the other. I'll
reiterate my point in different words to hopefully drill down into the
disconnection...

If only people included two absolutely critical pieces of metadata in their
postings, then you and Google would be absolutely right. Unfortunately, they
do NOT ever include this metadata, and it simply cannot be gleaned from the
postings themselves. As explained before, these include:
1.  The syntax of statements of differential symptomology, in short, what
people/machines/countries who/that have a particular condition typically say
to communicate a symptom that is DIFFERENT what what people say who have a
similar symptom of something quite different. This typically requires an
EXPERIENCED human expert to code.
2.  Carefully constructed questions to elicit statements meeting criteria #1
above.

No one has yet proposed ANY way of "mining the Internet" to engage in useful
problem solving without these two pieces of metadata, yet supposedly smart
people continue wasting their efforts and other people's money on such
folly.

> Perhaps in years to come, people can omit some/all of this metadata and
> future AI interfaces to the web will still work, bit I simply see no reason
> to wait until then to "smarten the 'web". Once the metadata is in place, any
> bright programmer can implement the"Internet Singularity" by simply
> populating his tables based on the metadata.
>
> What? According to http://www.dreliza.com/singularity.php the singularity
> already happened in 2001 "when Steve Richfield had his intelligence greatly
> increased..." :-)

It had to start somewhere. Only time will tell if this statement is correct,
so it is useless to argue this point right now. Whether or not I and my
efforts continue the thread the ultimately succeeds, I have little doubt
that whatever happens will include someone who has had their intelligence
greatly increased with my or similar methods. This certainly provides a MUCH
better "jumping off point" to singularities of all sorts than anyone else
has yet proposed. The passage you quoted from contains a detailed
explanation of how this works, and I'll gladly help anyone who wants to
follow this path through the process of collecting another ~20 IQ points in
just one difficult day (following ~2 weeks of preparation, and followed by
months of recovery). Note that this ONLY works for smart people (which
probably includes everyone on this forum) who now have low daytime body
temperatures, a condition known as central hypothermia (which probably
excludes >50% of the people here). The quick screening test is seeing if
your temperature stays <98.2F, even in the afternoon when it should be at
its highest and usually reaching ~99F for helathy people. This will also
fix numerous minor health problems that you may already have.

BTW, for easier demos, http://DrEliza.com has new knowledge that should be
"wrung out" in the next few days, on how to save teeth that your dentist
says are hopeless and absolutely must be extracted. I had a lot of really
bad dentistry long ago, and have been struggling to save what little is left
ever since, and hence I have become quite expert in this domain. I still
have at least some part of every tooth left.

To illustrate, just yesterday, a "third opinion" yet again proclaimed my
#31 molar to be headed for the garbage can. I then presented my plan to
save ~half of it by extracting just the cracked, decayed, and unsalvageable
root, keeping the remainder which would then be too weak to function on its
own (and which might even break part of my jawbone if left as-is), and
installing a 2-unit bridge to an adjacent tooth that had its own problems
and was also weak, but to pressure in the opposite direction. Together,
these two teeth should make one very good tooth - a little like one of the
long molars in the back of a dog's mouth. Here, my methods were accepted and
the various procedures are now being scheduled, even after a PhD dentist, an
endodontist, and an oral surgeon (all board certified) had all
proclaimed salvaging #31 to be completely hopeless until they heard my plan.
The total cost will be ~half of that of an implant. #31 will become my 5th
tooth to survive after being advised that extraction was the only viable
option. Each of these teeth has their own unique story. The thing that
really pisses me off is that the total worthless dental consulting fees for
these three idiots, ~$300, is about equal to the entire cost of the oral
surgery that I, not they, designed. Does anyone here have knowledge in the
domain of evading fees for worthless dental consulting, for me to put into
Dr. Eliza?!

Steve Richfield