Steve Richfield said:

KRAKEN contains lots of good ideas, several of which were already on my wish
list for Dr. Eliza sometime in the future. I suspect that a merger of
technologies might be a world-beater.

I wonder if the folks at Cycorp would be interested in such an effort?
If you can find a sponsor for the effort and then solicit Cycorp to join in
collaboration, I believe that they would be interested.  The Cycorp business
model as I knew it back in 2006, depended mostly upon government research
sponsorship to (1) accomplish the research that the sponsor wanted, e.g.
produce deliverables for the DARPA Rapid Knowledge Formation project, and (2)
incrementally add more facts and rules to the Cyc KB, write more supporting
code for Cyc.  Cycorp, did not then, and likely even now does not have internal
funding for non-sponsored enhancements.

-Steve

Stephen L. Reed

Artificial Intelligence Researcher