On 2020-06-06 10:52, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:

On 6/6/2020 9:33 AM, nch via agora-discussion wrote:
On Saturday, June 6, 2020 10:18:59 AM CDT ATMunn via agora-business wrote:
There's absolutely no way this will pass, but I'm going to try it
anyways. Aris, I don't remember exactly when the midweek distribution
deadline is, but don't worry about including this proposal in it.

I submit the following proposal:

Title: Bank Robbery
AI: 1.0
Author: ATMunn
Co-author(s):

Enact a rule entitled "Heists" with the following text:
{
At any time, any player CAN, by announcement, perform a Heist. Upon
doing so, e CAN transfer up to half of the coins owned by Agora, rounded
down, to emself. However, players MAY NOT perform a Heist. Doing so is
the Class 3 Crime of Robbery.
}

G. will very likely have more to say about this but around the early 2000s
there was a system this vaguely reminds me of. Players could become rebels,
which was illegal and therefore earned em blots, but if the rebellion was
strong enough (which was determined by how many rebels there were and some
other factors, like certain holidays) the rebels could revolt.

I think this version might be a little too strong, but in general I like the
idea of there being some intentional misdeeds when we have blots and blot
cards.

Yeah, this is one of those initial conditions problems in an otherwise
fine idea.  If Agora had 0 coins right now it would be fine.  No incentive
for the Assessor, and coins would build up in Agora and then people could
decide when it's worth it to grab - timing the grab would be fun.

Is there any reason Agora needs 1,976 coins right now?  Maybe the real
simple solution is just to add a "Destroy all coins in Agora's possession"
to the proposal before enacting the rule.  (or "Destroy all except 50" if
you want a buffer or something, I'm pretty sure the Assessor wouldn't grab
25 coins in exchange for 3 blots).

Maybe a dedicated entity for us to steal from, perhaps called the "Bank", which receives coins every payday?

--
Trigon