Alright well if you would like a DS I think that this then means and I don't know if this even ixists anymore, I'll suggest the DS 71. My friend Brian has it. What exactly of the DS do you want in your new recorder? Here's the thing with the LS-P2. It's part of the LS line with is a bit more pro focused. But it is a musicians thing and stuff. It's able to record up to full glorious Blu-Ray disk quality of 96 KHZ at 24 bits per sample. So you get a little mini 1 tripple a powered stick in your pocket and go HD recorder. You'll be able to set the date and time on your own

 cause they've now had the british lady they record come back and say the months days hours and so on. That's basically the thing with that. Now the other thing is you don't have to wory about that little snap off mike cause the mikes are built in and the jack for the external is some place else. So there is another advantage there. But if it's a DS you are after exactly then the DS 71 if it can be found even on Amazon would be the way to go. Someone correct this if wrong but I do think that the 71 can record DVD quality 48 KHZ 16 bits. So there's that. Hence why I steped up to the LS line with the LS-14 cause I love recording at Blu-Ray quality. But the 71 doesn't do it nor do the DM's which are the consumer music player recorders. The most famous with blind people of which is the DM4.
On 12/23/2017 6:21 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Bob and list:  So this kind of brings me to the question I should have asked:
what is the actual replacement for the Olympus DS-40 or Olympus DS-50?  From
what I've heard about the PS-2 (not sure I have that right) am sure it is a
fine unit; it just might be a little more machine than I really need; hard to
tell for sure at this point!
Tom Kaufman

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of
rsnel...@optusnet.com.au
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2017 5:40 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Looking For Equivalent to Olympus DS-40Recorder

If you look around, you can still find an LS-14.  I purchased a brand new one
as recently as 6 weeks ago.

However, you may find it cheaper and just as good, quality wise, to purchase an
LS-P2.

The LS-P2  has the voice guidance for the menus and is, to all intents and
purposes, the replacement for the LS-14.

It is, however, physically smaller than the LS-14 but it is particularly good
for live recording.

Bob Nelson