Ah well I guess I write this too little too late. But, as far as accessibility goes you got the most accessible 1 at this point. Look at it this way. Do you use mikes with XLR? Do you need phantum power? Do you need those big thumb sized jacks that some 90s headphones had? or that electric guitars I guess still have? Will you produce music? Like a DR Drey? I ask all this as a long way to ask do you need something like a Zoom? Because if no then yeah sure you missed out on better quality, but meh you saved loads of cash. Just remember my earlier warning. The recordings though real good and real crisp will sound little. If things sounding little doesn't bother you then actually you got the better 1 accessibility wise. You can now set the clock and stuff on your own on this 1. On the 100 and even the 14 you would need a sighted person to do it.

On 12/24/2017 5:37 AM, Merv Keck wrote:
I just ordered myself the LS P2 today. I was tempted to get the LS 100 but
couldn't find anyone to satisfy my curiosity about its accessibility and
performance versus the LS P2. So I opted for the one that cost less. I do hope
to use it for both live voice and music recording though.
Merv

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of
rsnel...@optusnet.com.au
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2017 1:25 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Looking For Equivalent to Olympus DS-40Recorder

Tom,

I reaalise that it is difficult to keep pace with the developments in
technology but what we thought was fantastic technology 10 years ago is now
very ordinary.

For Olympus digital audio recorders, take a look at the following web page:
https://www.olympus.com.au/Products/Digital-Audio-Recorders/Business.aspx

Under the heading "digital audio recorders" you will see the various categories of
digital recorders.  For example, under the heading of "business" you will see the DM-720
which is the current equivalent of your old recorder.

What is not obvious is that all of these recorders have the same core
technology and just have different user interfaces to make them more usable for
different classes of people.

That is to say, user interfaces for the sound and field recorders (the LS
series) is designed for people making high fidelity recordings.  The interfaces
for notetaker devices or business devices are designed for dictation or
recording meetings.

Therefore, a DM-720 business recorder will be good for dictation and meetings
but, even though it has the digital technology to do so, it will not make it
convenient to record live music.

By the way, if you take the time to look, the LS-100, LS-14, LS-12 and LS-P2
are all shown as current models.

Bob Nelson