Am 02.08.22 um 10:06 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
Am 02.08.22 um 09:44 schrieb gene heskett:
On 8/2/22 01:40, Winston Sorfleet wrote:
Much appreciated José, count me in as a beta tester.

Me too, but its been a while and this is a fairly fresh bullseye install, and autogen
complains mightily, and quickly.

gene@coyote:~/src/amanda-tag-community-3.5.2$ ./autogen
See DEVELOPING for instructions on updating:
  * gettext macros
  * gnulib
  * libtool files
..creating file lists
..aclocal
config/amanda/libs.m4:160: warning: macro 'AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0' not found in library
...aclocal patches
..autoconf
configure:46532: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0
       See the Autoconf documentation.
configure:46533: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
autoconf failed

And the fix is?

build-essential., debhejper and friends are installed.

As far as I learned from Chris Hassell, the new packaging scripts should build packages for Debian with:

./packaging/deb/buildpkg

I am trying that for the branch "tag-community-3.5.2" right now in a Debian-11.4-VM.

There is quite a list of needed packages to install, Chris told me:

gcc g++ binutils gettext libtool autoconf automake bison flex swig libglib2.0-dev libjson-glib-1.0 libjson-glib-dev libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libreadline-dev perl-base perl-modules libcpanplus-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl libswitch-perl bsd-mailx mtx procps smbclient dump gnuplot-nox xinetd

and some extra:

xsltproc build-essential debhelper fakeroot dpkg-dev dh-make-perl git make gawk grep tar passwd

pressing SEND now, my build is still running

I was able to build packages for 3.5.2 after applying the fix mentioned in

https://github.com/zmanda/amanda/issues/185

Installing the packages over the packages coming from the Debian repositories seems a bit tricky:

the new packages use the user "amandabackup", so far it was "backup"

the path to amandad seems to change as well

I assume I can edit packaging/deb/rules to adjust that.

Unsure if that is a good thing to do.