On Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 12:27:26PM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Am 02.08.22 um 10:06 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> > > >

> > > Me too, but its been a while and this is a fairly fresh bullseye
> > > install, and autogen
> > > complains mightily, and quickly.
> > >
> > > gene@coyote:~/src/amanda-tag-community-3.5.2$ ./autogen
> > > See DEVELOPING for instructions on updating:
> > >   * gettext macros
> > >   * gnulib
> > >   * libtool files
> > > ..creating file lists
> > > ..aclocal
> > > config/amanda/libs.m4:160: warning: macro 'AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0' not
> > > found in library
> > > ...aclocal patches
> > > ..autoconf
> > > configure:46532: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0
> > >        If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> > > m4_pattern_allow.
> > >        See the Autoconf documentation.
> > > configure:46533: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
> > > autoconf failed
> > >
> > > And the fix is?
> > >
> > > build-essential., debhejper and friends are installed.
> >
> > As far as I learned from Chris Hassell, the new packaging scripts should
> > build packages for Debian with:
> >
> > ./packaging/deb/buildpkg
> >
> > I am trying that for the branch "tag-community-3.5.2" right now in a
> > Debian-11.4-VM.
> >
> > There is quite a list of needed packages to install, Chris told me:
> >
> > gcc g++ binutils gettext libtool autoconf automake bison flex swig
> > libglib2.0-dev libjson-glib-1.0 libjson-glib-dev libssl-dev
> > libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libreadline-dev perl-base
> > perl-modules libcpanplus-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl libswitch-perl
> > bsd-mailx mtx procps smbclient dump gnuplot-nox xinetd
> >
> > and some extra:
> >
> > xsltproc build-essential debhelper fakeroot dpkg-dev dh-make-perl git
> > make gawk grep tar passwd
> >
> > pressing SEND now, my build is still running
>
> I was able to build packages for 3.5.2 after applying the fix mentioned in
>
> https://github.com/zmanda/amanda/issues/185
>
> Installing the packages over the packages coming from the Debian
> repositories seems a bit tricky:
>
> the new packages use the user "amandabackup", so far it was "backup"
>
> the path to amandad seems to change as well
>
> I assume I can edit packaging/deb/rules to adjust that.
>
> Unsure if that is a good thing to do.

The Debian packages from Zmanda follow the official documentation, the
Packages from Debian, aka now maintained by me, follow Debian
guidelines.  Upgrades between them is something that I do not try and
I do not expect good results.

There are patches to the build process and code to adapt the amanda
for the Debian guidelines.  I do my best to patch the documentation of
amanda on Debian, so there is no difference between what is
implemented and what is documented.

Kind regards
Jose M Calhariz

        Não há fatos, só interpretações.