I like the idea of a firefox style download manager. (In a separate window). This way the CL isn't too cluttered. Maybe we could have an option to show active FTs in the CL and double clicking an FT in the CL would bring up the download manager window (selecting the chosen transfer).. but I think having the whole download manager there is too much..