Ok, I see, the hide the mini infobar (I call it like that for the bar in the
CW) when FT managr is opened, I
think it would be confusing, no ? how do you feel about it with that extension
you're using ? maybe it's ok
because you enabled it to be that way, no ?
Anyways, the main issue you're bringing here is about the DM (FTMan) being in a
tab or not. I explained all my
design in a previous mail, and it was to appear in a tab of the currently
focused container whenever you open
the DM (by either accepting a file and having the option to show when you start
a transfer, or by using the
Ctrl-Alt-T hotkey), if you have multiple containers, then you would have a DM
window as a tab in each container
(only if you open the transfer window while having the container focused). You
can always detach the DM tab, or
you can have it appear as a separate window if you don't use tabbed browsing.
Now that I'm thinking about it, it
would be good to have an option for 'show as a tab' or 'show as a standalone
window' for when user has tabbed
windows enabled.

Anyways, just to be sure everyone understand my design again :
you start a transfer, DM opens, you can choose to either have it open in a tab
or in a standalone window, you
can choose to have it open when you start transfers, or have it opened in the
background (without switching to
its tab/minimized window) when you start a transfer, or you can choose for it
not to pop up when you start a
transfer.
When you start a transfer from a CW, you also want to see the progress in that
CW, so a small one line 'infobar'
would pop above the buttonbar where it would show filename, percentage
completed, time remaining (maybe
size/speed?. We could make it show info depending on the width of the CW, if
the CW is maximized, use all the
space to show size/speed too, if window is small, then remove size/speed, and
show only the most important data
(percentage completed).
You would have one line in the infobar per download currently happening in the
current CW. Clicking on the
infobar would open the DM, and depending on the file you clicked on, it would
select that file in the DM
listbox. The DM would have three parts (I'm following opera's design), the top
containing buttons like
cancel/open/open directory/settings. The middle containing a table,w here you
see an icon (arrow) : uploading or
downloading, the filename, the size of the file, a small progress bar,
percentage, time remaining, and speed.
the bottom part would contain 'details' info.
Whenever you select a file from the table, the bottom part gets filled with
more details on the file, like who
sent it, the full path to where it is saved, the filesize, the number of bytes
transferred so far, if you're
using the SB or if you're using a direct connection, etc...
I think that's it.

My main problem I have now, is finding a 'table' widget in Tk, I found 3
solutions, 1 using labels and grid :s
the other drawing it all in a canvas, and the third being tktable (compiled
extension) which seems powerful but when
tested looked awful.. I would probably need to have 10 lines of -options before
it has a nice/normal look to it.

KKRT