> Making it difficult to work on the project (that is, I'll have to ask
> you for permissions to work on AMSN) is one way of getting people away
> of the project. It has nothing to do with me being a member or not,
> it's just a matter of attitude.

No, that's how it works! You send patches, you get in touch with the
devs and when they think you deserve an svn account they give you one.
With distributed versionning systems like git, it's a bit different.
You fork the main repository, you push commits, you ask for a merge
and maybe someday, you'll get rights to push to the main repo.

The ML is too much impersonal and can be very useful to talk on a
topic with people from very different timezones.
IRC is much more personal and much more efficient imho to talk about a
topic since we can all get on the chan at the same time (late for us
europeans, when Kakaroto is at work). The only issue is that the irc
activity is not counted by sf to sort projects :)
--
Boris 'billiob' Faure