Hi,

Just a small newbie question:

I understand, that the Android emulator is by definition and scope
slower than an I-phone simulator.

However:
There are apps, which have to run on an emulator in order to emulate
hte entire HW.
However for a lot of algorithmic / GUI stuff a simulator would be more
than enough.

Is there any alternative to the emulator, which could be used for
verifying the GUI /
algorithmic part or the part, which just interacts with API's, that
exist also on a
PC?

Basically is there something like a dalvik viewer for linux / windows
?

thannks ina dvance for any pointers.
This might help to accelerate development.