>>> Jim Ancona already volunteered.

>>> Sounds like a good option to me, but let's not jump to the gun just
>>> yet.
>>>
>>> Maybe Jim wants to give his take before we go for a certain direction
>>> since he already indicated he wanted to support. And perhaps Michael
>>> and
>>> Serdar also have their view on things?
>>>
>>> Let's see what they think.
>>
>> As I'm a bit to easy to scare I have put up a list here:
>> email: android-freerun...@lists.lysator.liu.se
>>
>> For the moment I would suggest that you make sure to keep this mail so
>> we
>> can switch if the list disappears. If Jim or someone else wants to host
>> list instead we can go that way. This is as a backup if koolu would
>> disappear next week or something like that.
>
> Another option would be to use the list of openmoko just like all other
> distro users are doing (commun...@lists.openmoko.org). By putting [SHR],
> [Debian] etc as first part of the subject readers know what distro it is
> about.
>
> I've been following that list for some time and it is a bit heavy traffic,
> but at least it gives visibility to the entire community of what is going
> on. Plus, it does help the interaction between distro users as some
> problems or questions are popping up across distros.
>
> On the other hand, there are separate and dedicated lists for SHR users
> and SHR developers (which I've never used so far) and developers also use
> IRC to exchange info. So even the largest distro seems to be somewhat
> "scattered".
>
> Not sure what would be best... On one hand, the Android community is
> really small (see the doodle distro poll) so setting up a dedicated
> Android user mailinglist could be overkill and could isolate the group. On
> the other hand, I assume we don't want to bother the general list with
> pure developer discussions and patch suggestions. Perhaps use the general
> list for users and have a dedicated Dev-list... And even the dev-list we
> could setup later on, if required, since we actually only have 1 or 2
> people working on the code, I think.
>
> Again, not sure what's best.

I would prefer to not use a hevy traffic list especially as we are so
small we would easily disappear in the traffic. So the idea with a dev
list and point users primaly to the general list sounds quite good. The
problem with this is that we risk that bugreports goes to the general list
where it could be hard to keep track off them. Especially I don't want to
"force"(by needing to read it get bugreports) developers to read the
general list if they don't want to read it for their own reasons.