>> Jim Ancona already volunteered.
>>

>>> I can put up a new maillist at the computer society Lysator at Linköping
>>> University in Sweden. The society have has the maillist service running
>>> for many years now so it should be a safe place. I will put one up today
>>> and send the address out here. As a start we can have that list as a
>>> backup until we decide what we want to do in the long run.
>>
>> Sounds like a good option to me, but let's not jump to the gun just yet.
>>
>> Maybe Jim wants to give his take before we go for a certain direction
>> since he already indicated he wanted to support. And perhaps Michael and
>> Serdar also have their view on things?
>>
>> Let's see what they think.
>
> As I'm a bit to easy to scare I have put up a list here:
> email: android-freerun...@lists.lysator.liu.se
>
> For the moment I would suggest that you make sure to keep this mail so we
> can switch if the list disappears. If Jim or someone else wants to host a
> list instead we can go that way. This is as a backup if koolu would
> disappear next week or something like that.

Another option would be to use the list of openmoko just like all other distro
users are doing (commun...@lists.openmoko.org). By putting [SHR], [Debian] etc
as first part of the subject readers know what distro it is about.

I've been following that list for some time and it is a bit heavy traffic, but
at least it gives visibility to the entire community of what is going on. Plus,
it does help the interaction between distro users as some problems or questions
are popping up across distros.

On the other hand, there are separate and dedicated lists for SHR users and SHR
developers (which I've never used so far) and developers also use IRC to
exchange info. So even the largest distro seems to be somewhat "scattered".

Not sure what would be best... On one hand, the Android community is really
small (see the doodle distro poll) so setting up a dedicated Android user
mailinglist could be overkill and could isolate the group. On the other hand, I
assume we don't want to bother the general list with pure developer discussions
and patch suggestions. Perhaps use the general list for users and have a
dedicated Dev-list... And even the dev-list we could setup later on, if
required, since we actually only have 1 or 2 people working on the code, I
think.

Again, not sure what's best.