Toerless Eckert <t...@cs.fau.de> wrote:
    >> > f) IMPORTANT: Please add/define the term "ANI"
    >>
    >> > ANI - "Autonomic Network Infrastructure". Systems that support both
BRSKI and
    >> > Autonomic Control plane - ACP
([I-D.ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane]). ANI
    >> > systems (pledges, proxies, registrar) have specific requirements
detailled in
    >> > the document.
    >>
    >> <t hangText="ANI:">The Autonomic Network Infrastructure as
    >> defined by <xref target="I-D.ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane"
    >> />.  This document details specific requirements for pledges,
    >> proxies and registrars when they are part of an ANI.</t>
    >>
    >> Does this work for you?

    > I would prefer to have the simple definition "ANI == systems that support
    > both BRSKI and ACP" in the doc itself. Threre is really no single
authoritative
    > normative document for ANI, so it should simply be stated equally in
BRSKI and
    > ACP. Rest of text is fine.

I'm not getting what you are suggesting.
I think you are saying that we shouldn't point at ACP for the ANI term, but
rather define it ourselves?

    >> > Without this term we can not nail down the explicit requirements
against
    >> > ANI Pledges, Proxies, Registrars that we need from the document (and
distinguish
    >> > from requirements against any non-ANI adaptation of BRSKI). I added
according
    >> > comments into other parts of the doc.
    >>
    >> > g) Please replace "MASA server" with "MASA service" everywhere.
    >>
    >> I prefer to just say "MASA" actually.
    >> Are you okay with that?

    > Yes. There are a few leftovers of "MASA server" in -14 though. Pls fix.

fixed them all, I hope.

    >> There is no requirement that the Join Registrar is also the EST for the
    >> purposes of ongoing certificate renewal.  I don't know if you are
speaking
    >> about certificate lifetime management (renewal, etc.) when you say
    >> "EST Enrollment service".  I'll assume that you mean that for the moment.
    >>
    >> In a big network I would want the roles (bootstrap and initial
certificate,
    >> vs certificate renewal) split up.

    > Lets in any case consider this issue closed or BRSKI, because it loooks
now like
    > scope creep to me to discuss it for this draft. I'll probably have this
discussion
    > on my hand for ACP anyhow, because (only) ACP needs to be concerned about
    > initial bootstrap and renewal (just working through that in ACP doc
because
    > of the ongoing review of it).

okay.

    > 4.1.1:

    >> transport-proto  = IPPROTO_TCP / IPPROTO_UDP / IPPROTO_IPV6

    > The way i see it, the normative approach with TCP circuit proxy would
    > always only have TCP, right, e.g.: the line should say

    > transport-proto  = IPPROTO_TCP ; Not considering non-normative
    > ; options like Appendix C.

I'll reply to Brian.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [