On 01/06/2018 07:35, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Toerless Eckert <t...@cs.fau.de> wrote:
>     > 1. The GRASP specification of 4.1.1 should only describe what is
> required
>     > and valid for the standard of GRASP objective, which is the TCP proxy.
>
>     > Appendix C proxy option is not full/formally worked out, thats why
>     > its in an appendix. If the authors want to propose a formal GRASP
>
> It's not mandatory to implement, which is why it got pushed to the appendix.
> If it wasn't worked out, then it would be removed.
>
>     > 2. A value of IPPROTO_IPV6 which i guess would be desired for an
>     > appendix C proxy would IMHO be an extension to whats defined in GRASP.
>
> I think you mean, "defined in the GRASP object defined in CDDL", here.
>
>     > An RFC specifying that would therefore have to declare itself to be
>     > an update of GRASP. I don't think this is a big deal. It would become
>
> I think that you mean, update of BRSKI rather than "update of GRASP".

Possibly both, because GRASP already defines

     transport-proto = IPPROTO_TCP / IPPROTO_UDP
     IPPROTO_TCP = 6
     IPPROTO_UDP = 17

On 01/06/2018 07:09, Toerless Eckert wrote:

> Btw: The specific issue of extening transport options could have been
> avoided by permitting 0..255 in GRASP.

Except that it would implicitly lock us into to a particular IANA registry,
allowing strange things like

     transport-proto = IPPROTO_TP

and who's to say that we might not also want things like

     transport-proto = HTTPS

I agree that we might want to revisit this in a GRASP update.

    Brian