On Monday 30 June 2003 09:00 am, Kevin Murphy wrote:
> I have been testing apache 1.3.27, webstar 5.?, and aolserver 3.5.6 &
> 4.0B8 with ab and http_load on Mac OS X 10.2.5.
>
> I have noticed that when I raise the concurrent requests much above 12,
> ab and http_load both indicate lots of errors for aolserver:
> "connection reset by peer" or "byte count wrong" (mostly the latter).
> Webstar fails in a similar pattern when around 40 concurrent requests.
> Apache is fine up to around 200.  I have made dozens of trials, and the
> results are consistent.

Have you tried the threaded version of Apache?   I'm just digging into OS X (a
client just gifted me a 17" powerbook) and 10.2.6 claims "a better pthread
implementation".  The notes make it sound like it's more complete, not more
robust, but perhaps robustness has been a bit of an issue thus far?

Just a guess on my end.