[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On May 16, 2006, at 8:04 AM, Nathan Folkman wrote:

It's been a while, and I'm still on my first cup of coffee, but I think your biggest hurdle is probably going to be the loss of "ns_share" in favor of "nsv". Also 4.x requires Tcl 8.x. Hope that helps!

Ugh. You're absolutely right - this site is *full* of ns_shares. That's probably another reason why we decided not to tackle this a while back. I know the client didn't want to spend any time on the old site if it could possibly be avoided.

janine

To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> with the body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.
Yeah, it's unfortunately one of those things that's not backwards compatible due to the way 'ns_share" variables were created. I think at one point we ended up writing a new version of "ns_share" that was compatible with Tcl 8.x, using Tcl traces or something... Seem to remember there being a few caveats, but also that it worked well enough to provide a temporary migration path until our code was able to be updated to use "nsv". I don't remember where that code lives, however... ;-) It might have been checked in as part of the core server, or we might have done it as a stand alone module. I'll try to locate for you...

PS - SourceForge finally upgraded their CVS servers, so be sure to check the site for information - the CVS server host names have changed.

- n