Ha! "ns_share" continues to live on, although I wouldn't recommend using it, especially in high-load environments... "nsv" is where it's at! ;-)

$TOP/aolserver/nsd/tclshare.c

AOLserver/4.5.0a (aolserver4_5) for osx built on May  2 2006 at 10:57:19
CVS Tag: $Name:  $
server1:nscp 1> ns_share
wrong # args: should be "ns_share ?-init script? varName ?varName ...?"

So you should be able to migrate code that contains "ns_share" up to the latest AOLserver versions (4.0.x and upcoming 4.5).

- n