That's a good start for a discussion about revising committer status in the
bylaws, and maybe for use of a definition for the election, but it also
raises a few questions:

- How do we decide who's a member of the GitHub org?
- How do we decide who has write access to an Apertium repo?

These are decided somewhat arbitrarily at this point.

Also, people decide not to include their email address on their GitHub
profile for various reasons (though often don't take the care the mask it
in their commit history).  I understand where you're going with this,
though—and I think it's better stated the other way around: "for purposes
of being contacted for voting, a committer's email address should be known
to the PMC; they cannot expect to receive a ballot if they do not either
have an email address posted on their GitHub profile or are a member of the
apertium-stuff mailing list."

Actually, though, admin access to the manage the apertium-stuff mailing
list has been lost, iirc, so that might be problematic too.  We could
potentially work something out with sourceforge to regain access though?

--
Jonathan