--- david friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"To put it differently, once you take the determinist
position...."

And if we take the free will position, can't we just
as easily come to the defense of Aristotlean (sp?)
physics where a thrown rock moves of its own impetus
until it 'decides' that it no longer has impetus and
falls straight to the ground?

Acknowledging that humans are the products of their
environments, and allowing for that, does not imply
that a radical determinist approach to life is
necessary.  At least, it isn't obvious to me.

-jsh