John Hull wrote:

> --- Jacob W Braestrup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Would we ever say: "Uhhh, this guy is ugly and no
> good, bad mannered and ill tempered - but, it's no
> fault of his own, and he REALLY doesn't enjoy the
> competition for sexual partner forced upon him by
> society, so why don't we just force this beautiful
> girl to have sex with him""
>
> Um, no.  Force would be bad.  You could sweeten the
> deal for her, however, using perhaps pecuinary
> benefits to level the field.

But what if this ugly guy isn't rich--oh! You mean pecuniary benefits taken
from *other* people--purely through voluntary donations of course.  After
all, you consider force to be (morally?) "bad."   I'm just looking for some
consistency here.

But what happens if there aren't enough people who are willing to donate?

~Alypius Skinner