Hi guys,

I was trying to convert BrainArray custom CDF for Affy HT_HG-
U133_Plus_PM chip into binary CDF using convertCdf(). But every time I
tried, I got the same error message:

R for Windows GUI front-end:

R for Windows GUI front-end has encountered a problem and needs to
close.

Error Signature:

AppName:  rgui.exe
AppVer:     2.130.55427.0
ModName: affxparser.dll
ModVer:    0.0.0.0
OffSet:      0005207a

In the R GUI window:

> library(affxparser)
> convertCdf("HTHGU133PlusPM_Hs_ENTREZG.cdf",
> "HTHGU133PlusPM_Hs_ENTREZG,Binary.cdf",
+ version = 4,force = TRUE,verbose=TRUE)
Reading CDF header...
Reading CDF header...done
Reading CDF QC units...

It hangs like that forever and nothing happens.

I got this eror only when I tried to convert BrainArray's custom CDF
for Affy HT_HG-U133_Plus_PM chip. I tried ENTREZG and REFSEQ versions
of the custom CDF and got the same error message. I had no problem
when converting the custom CDF for HG-U133_Plus_2 chip.

Since R hangs every time the error message pops up, I could not
provide any sessionInfo() info. My computer runs windows XP 32 bit
with the latest R.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Ying