Hi.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:58 PM, sean nj <njs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> Thanks a lot for the help.
>
> But I still have the same error. I think you tested
> HTHGU133B_Hs_ENTREZG.cdf, and I was talking about
> HTHGU133PlusPM_Hs_ENTREZG.cdf. I downloaded the same file several tmes
> now and still have the same error.

My mistake (as a future references please provide verbatim download
instructions/exact URLs so we avoid these simple mistakes).

> Ying
>

>> library("affxparser")
>> pathname <- "HTHGU133PlusPM_Hs_ENTREZG.cdf"
>> file.info(pathname)$size
> [1] 23933996
>> digest::digest(file=pathname)
> [1] "a3cbf4eab4048e048a622ea68fd5e02b"
>> convertCdf(pathname, "HTHGU133PlusPM_Hs_ENTREZG,Binary.cdf", verbose=TRUE)
> Reading CDF header...
> Reading CDF header...done
> Reading CDF QC units...
[core dump]

I can reproduce this.  You get if you try to read any of the QC units
(or regular units), i.e. using readQcUnits() or
readUnits().

It is because that CDF is corrupt.  If you look at the header of the
file (using a text viewer), you find:

[CDF]
Version=GC3.0

[Chip]