My guess is that your CDF is corrupt/incomplete (interrupted
download?).  I downloaded

http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/Brainarray/Database/CustomCDF/14.1.0/entrezg.download/HTHGU133PlusPM_Hs_ENTREZG_14.1.0.zip

extracted the ZIP file and got:

> library("affxparser")
> pathname <- "HTHGU133B_Hs_ENTREZG.cdf"
> file.info(pathname)$size
[1] 16362942
> digest::digest(file=pathname)
[1] "c0d0c13cc31c661c657633b7560988e3"
> convertCdf(pathname, "HTHGU133PlusPM_Hs_ENTREZG,Binary.cdf", verbose=TRUE)
Reading CDF header...
Reading CDF header...done
Reading CDF QC units...
Reading CDF QC units...done
Reading CDF units...
Reading CDF units...done
Writing CDF structure...
Timing for writeCdf():
   user  system elapsed
  13.72    0.03   13.76
Writing CDF structure...done
Comparing CDFs...
Comparing CDFs...
  CDF 1: ./HTHGU133B_Hs_ENTREZG.cdf
  CDF 2: ./HTHGU133PlusPM_Hs_ENTREZG,Binary.cdf
  Comparing CDF headers...
  Comparing CDF headers...done
  Comparing QC units...
  Comparing QC units...done