Dan,

Thank you for your many years of time and effort to keep the arslist up and
running and providing all of us with an avenue to draw on each others
experience to navigate the complexities of ARS.

I hope to see (hear from) y'all in the ARSLIST Community group.

Tom Shurmur
SR. Remedy Developer
CareTech Solution

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Doug Blair <d...@dougblair.com> wrote:

> **
> Dan et al,
>
> It is hard to write this, as almost all the Great Words have been spoken
> before me.
>
> I tend to speak up at the end of meetings, partly because I want to hear
> all the points of view and partly because I forgot there was a meeting and
> the dog ate my iPhone and I only noticed there was a meeting when he began
> making noises like a cricket, which has more to say about my choice of
> ringtones than the importance of the meeting and anyway I was too busy
> reading the list of most of my career than to get any actual work done.
> They knew better than to expect me to show up.
>
> Truth is I’ve been reading ARSList for more than 20 years, certainly among
> the first few hundred subscribers. We have all learned a great deal,
> Fortunately much of what we as developers and users have picked up
> translate well to other disciplines - general programming and debugging
> techniques, there’s always more than one way to do it - and that is far
> more than just those little syntax quirks like `! and __c and
> Application-Perform-Drink-From-The-Small-Flask.
>
> Ours is a passionate, dedicated and beyond all helpful community, and the
> thing that has made the ASRList so useful is that with one message you
> reach *everyone* who knows *anything* about what you need. If you don’t
> know about it, you read the responses and then you learn too! Or maybe a
> thread in one space gets you started on a totally different approach you
> hadn’t thought of before. I too have some misgivings about the Communities
> forum because organizationally it is a group of silos. You might post in
> the right place, but you might miss the one person who knows there is a
> deprecated Application-Perform-Drink-From-The-Large-Flask that still
> works if you have an older server.
>
> It might not work perfectly at first, but it certainly won’t work at all
> if we don’t show up! If for some foolish reason you have not yet joined the
> ARSLIST group on BMC Communities this is the day to do it, because after
> tomorrow you might not be able to read this message, and you’ll forget, or
> the dog will eat the phone with your only calendar on it and your ringtone
> is actually a dog barking (poor choice) and you’ll never know and we’ll
> never see each other again. I would not like that.
>
> Long live ARSLIST!
>
> That thing about shutting down the server. That’s just Friday Humor, right?
>

> Doug Blair
>

> On Sep 28, 2016, at 9:00 AM, Shellman, David <dave.shell...@te.com> wrote:

Tom Shurmur

The ARS List