From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Doug Blair
Sent: September 29, 2016 11:28 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Off Topic - Before the List is Gone! NOTE: Not Gone,
MOVED

**

Dan et al,

It is hard to write this, as almost all the Great Words have been spoken before
me.

I tend to speak up at the end of meetings, partly because I want to hear all
the points of view and partly because I forgot there was a meeting and the dog
ate my iPhone and I only noticed there was a meeting when he began making
noises like a cricket, which has more to say about my choice of ringtones than
the importance of the meeting and anyway I was too busy reading the list of
most of my career than to get any actual work done. They knew better than to
expect me to show up.

Truth is I’ve been reading ARSList for more than 20 years, certainly among the
first few hundred subscribers. We have all learned a great deal, Fortunately
much of what we as developers and users have picked up translate well to other
disciplines - general programming and debugging techniques, there’s always more
than one way to do it - and that is far more than just those little syntax
quirks like `! and __c and Application-Perform-Drink-From-The-Small-Flask.

Ours is a passionate, dedicated and beyond all helpful community, and the thing
that has made the ASRList so useful is that with one message you reach everyone
who knows anything about what you need. If you don’t know about it, you read
the responses and then you learn too! Or maybe a thread in one space gets you
started on a totally different approach you hadn’t thought of before. I too
have some misgivings about the Communities forum because organizationally it is
a group of silos. You might post in the right place, but you might miss the one
person who knows there is a deprecated
Application-Perform-Drink-From-The-Large-Flask that still works if you have an
older server.

It might not work perfectly at first, but it certainly won’t work at all if we
don’t show up! If for some foolish reason you have not yet joined the ARSLIST
group on BMC Communities this is the day to do it, because after tomorrow you
might not be able to read this message, and you’ll forget, or the dog will eat
the phone with your only calendar on it and your ringtone is actually a dog
barking (poor choice) and you’ll never know and we’ll never see each other
again. I would not like that.

Long live ARSLIST!

That thing about shutting down the server. That’s just Friday Humor, right?

Doug Blair

On Sep 28, 2016, at 9:00 AM, Shellman, David <dave.shell...@te.com