Christian,
We are in the same boat at the place I work at. We've managed to put the
spectre off for a few years now on price. The biggest difference was that
SNOW had a per user license model for anyone creating a request, and of
course Remedy has float licenses and no licenses needed for requesters
going through SRM. So, for on-prem installations, Remedy is much cheaper,
maybe by half. It is a hard pill for the CFO to swallow if they have to pay
an additional 500k per year for a pretty interface with no customizations.

That strategy had worked for us, but they are now trying to come in through
the side door. The shared Services provider that we use is trying to offer
a cheap deal for hosting a Service Now suite, including monitoring tools
and ITSM. So, we may be in the same boat in a year.
Good Luck, bro
Remedy Jesus